As wellness programs gain popularity, understanding the population and the impact of preventive programs becomes important. Ensuring that patients with chronic diseases take their medication in a timely manner reduces costly hospitalizations. Health services companies need to integrate and analyze data from myriad sources in order to create effective programs that target specific populations. All of this requires powerful data analytics and predictive tools for superior population health management to plan, track, monitor and assess outcomes.
Key Market Challenges:
- Focus on preventive programs in order to reduce hospital events and readmissions to achieve lower trend rates and improve ROI
- Need to evaluate program performance
- Quantify the financial value of care gaps closure
- Require better understanding of populations to target the right message
- Study the impact of incentives to improve utilization of high-value services while generating savings