Provider Portal (Preferred Method)
Guidelines/Directions to upload medical record directly using SCIO’S Provider Portal
1) Upload only medical records that are in response to our medical record request with extension of .pdf. (File type PDF)
2) Medical records must be uploaded in the following order:
• Top page should be the first page of the record request, which includes the SCIO barcode.
3) Document name should follow below naming convention;
4) Medical record invoices must to be submitted separately using SFTP, Mail, CD, DVD, USB Drive or Secure FAX method. This information should include the Audit ID.
5) Several medical record request letters might be received; however, each letter pertains to a specific claim/audit associated with a unique Reference Key. As a result, each .pdf file should contain the medical record and information for only one patient and one particular claim/audit.
Note- Uploading the document with a wrong Reference Key and an inappropriate barcode page can create confusion and result in attaching medical records to the wrong audit.
6) The Reference Key also serves as the authentication Key when accessing the provider portal. Once access is authenticated through the Reference Key, the claim specific Key becomes obsolete.
7) In the event pages of the medical record are overlooked in the initial upload attempt, submit the missing documents utilizing other available modes of submission (SFTP, Mail, CD, DVD, USB Drive or Secure FAX)
1) Click on the following link using Internet Explorer or Chrome browser to reach the necessary authentication page: https://scioproviderportal.sciohealthanalytics.com
2) Once on the authentication page, enter the
a. User Name
b. Reference Key and
c. A valid email address.
3) The Reference Key can be found in the footer section of medical record request. It is a 16 character Key separated with hyphen (-) and labeled as “Reference Key”.
4) The Reference Key will be valid on a one-time use basis for authentication purpose.
5) Upon successful validation, the system redirects to the medical record upload page. Read the disclaimer carefully and acknowledge before proceeding.
6) On the upload page, enter the Reference Key and upload the respective medical record, including the SCIO barcode page.
7) To upload a medical record for a different medical record request, click on the “Add more Reference Key” icon and repeat the process as mentioned in the above step.
8) After uploading all of the required documents, click the “UPLOAD” button.
9) Once the upload is successful, a list of uploaded medical records with the respective Reference Keys appear on a tracking screen. This screen may be printed/ downloaded to keep as a record and future Reference.
Ensuring the safety of our client’s data is at the core of all SCIO® operations and practices. SCIO Health Analytics® follows stringent security and compliance standards to keep data SAFE, SECURE and PRIVATE.
The following are the information about the encryption and security of the Portal
1) All communication between user and the webserver are encrypted using SSL/ HTTPS protocol. Encryption-wise it is equivalent to SSH/SFTP.
2) Web and file servers are secured behind a proxy server.
3) Provider portal only allows for uploading of documents, downloading documents is not an option.
4) A Reference key used for uploading the file is unique for each record request and used to route the documents to the right person inside SCIO.
5) The Reference Key will also serve as your authentication key when accessing the provider portal. Once access is authenticated through the reference key, the key will become obsolete and cannot be used for authentication again. Moreover, the authentication key will expire after a certain period (currently set to 3 months) and cannot be used for authentication.